Usually when we think about a metallic finish to add to our homes, we consider gold, silver or bronze. Copper is a welcome change and provides a surprising, unique look. While silver is a cool metallic color, copper (like gold and bronze) is a warm color that provides richness and creates an inviting mood.
Even within the color called copper, there are many variations. In general, copper is a cross between rich orange or gold and deep pink. Copper can range from a light honey pink tone to a dark ochre hue.
Metallic copper can be finished in several ways – from bright and shiny looks to oxidized and rough surfaces. And copper is not just a product made from metal; it’s also a color that can be used in upholstery fabric, window fashions, and bed and table linens.
Copper looks fabulous with almost any neutral. It’s especially effective paired with blues, greens, brilliant jewel tones and silver gray. Copper is versatile too; it works well with the most modern of design styles in addition to complementing rustic looks and traditional design plans.
Think of these design elements to add in a copper tone:
– In the kitchen: stove, hood, countertops, faucets, backsplash, appliances, tiles
– In the bathroom: faucets, backsplash tiles, bathtub, sinks
– In the dining room: chandeliers, flatware, wallpaper
– In the living room: lamps, coffee table tops and end table tops, pots for indoor plants
– And in most any room: paint, upholstery fabrics, window fashions and accessories
Add the lushness of glowing copper to your decor this year. It will add unique style and create a warm mood.